The following user guide refers to the classic eCMID Inspection Application for Windows, which was withdrawn at the end of 2020, but remains available for completion of existing inspection reports.
Inspection companies can make use of the eCMID system’s auditing feature to have a second person review an inspection report prior to upload for vessel operator review, as part of their internal quality assurance processes.
- Where the inspector is a user within the inspection company account, auditors will automatically be available for selection within the eCMID application
- Where the inspector operates independently or within another company account, they can be linked as an external inspector to ensure that they can select from your company’s auditors
When an inspector has completed their report and selects the ‘Upload‘ option within the eCMID application, the final option presented to them is whether or not to submit the report for internal auditing or to upload directly to the vessel operator for final review and publication. On choosing ‘audit’, the inspector is then presented with a list of their own company auditors and those in each company that has them linked as an external inspector. On selection, an email is then sent to the auditor and a notification will appear on their ‘My account’ page when they log in to the eCMID website.
If the designated auditor is unavailable, for whatever reason, the inspector can be advised to reopen the inspection data file in the eCMID application then follow the upload process a second time, when they will be able to select an alternative auditor.
Completing the audit
On receiving notification that an inspection report is ready for auditing, the designated inspector. the auditor should follow the process below:
- Open the eCMID application and select ‘Get data for inspections that require auditing’ from the welcome screen (or ‘Get data for auditing’ from the File menu)
- A selection screen is then displayed that shows all reports awaiting auditing. Select the appropriate inspection and the draft inspection report will be downloaded from the database
- Undertake the audit – review the inspection details (including items such as company disclaimer and logo), then go through each of the question groups, reviewing the inspector’s entries
Once the audit has been completed, the auditor should click the ‘Upload’ button in the lower right corner of the eCMID application’s main screen and complete the upload process – read through the prompts (which may refer to any missing entries or payment) then upload the report for vessel operator review and publication.