We are pleased to announce the first functional improvements to the eCMID system that have been solely funded by the inspection report upload fees introduced in June 2018:
- Inspectors can now download a blank eCMID or eMISW inspection report template via the ‘Get data for new inspection’ screen (or ‘New’ on the File menu) which is not linked to a vessel.
- This is designed for the situation where an inspection is commissioned at short notice, but the vessel or operator is not yet registered on the database.
- An unlinked report cannot be uploaded and cannot be exported to PDF.
- Once the vessel has been registered in the database, the ‘Link To Vessel’ button (bottom right) can then be used to select the vessel operator, vessel and client in the usual way (at which point Upload and Save as PDF become available).
- Version 220.127.116.11 is required for this functionality – this is available now via Help > Check for Updates.
- The IIMS Marine Surveying Academy now has access to an inspector’s record of eCMID/eMISW uploads, which will assist in the efficiency of the accreditation/renewal process.
These new features resulted from inspector feedback at the IIMS eCMID conference in London earlier this year. We have a number of other updates planned – not least expansion to non-Windows platforms – and welcome your feedback and suggestions, all of which help us identify and prioritise areas for future development.
Finally, please be reminded that the next versions of the eCMID and eMISW question sets were circulated on 3 August 2018 for comment, with a deadline of 31 August 2018 – please do take this opportunity to review the drafts, so that you are familiar with the changes, and provide us with your feedback prior to their finalisation and release next month.