IMCA recognises the Accredited Vessel Inspector (AVI) scheme operated by the IIMS Marine Surveying Academy.
Full details can be found at www.ecmidvesselinspectors.com including:
- Accreditation requirements and process
- Forthcoming training courses and AVI conferences
- ‘Find an Inspector’ online directory
- Inspectors must hold accreditation for the inspection type they wish to carry out (eCMID or eMISW), including any restricted supplements (e.g. dynamic positioning)
- Those without accreditation (or without the required supplementary accreditation) must be supervised during the inspection by an AVI with the required accreditation – they will log in separately to enable the inspector to upload the report.
AVI data required in the eCMID application
Accreditation data within the eCMID database is managed by the IIMS Marine Surveying Academy.
- Where AVI data is not displayed in the eCMID Application for Windows, the first step should be to log in to the application, as this synchronises the latest user data.
- If the step above is unsuccessful or where your AVI number is not shown in your user account, please contact the Marine Surveying Academy.