Add a vessel – To add a vessel to the eCMID system, your company account type must be ‘vessel operator’ and you must be an ‘administrator’ user. Then, simply follow these steps to add a vessel:
- Log in to your account
- In the top menu, pick ‘My Organisation’
- In the left menu, pick ‘Manage Vessels’
- Right-click on your company name at the top of the vessel tree and select ‘Add Vessel’
Edit vessel details – To edit an existing vessel, right-click or tap-and-hold on the vessel name/icon and select ‘Edit Vessel Particulars’, then update details as set out below.
- Enter the mandatory information – name, IMO number, vessel type, contact, date and inspection type(s)
- If your vessel does not have an IMO number, contact the helpdesk for a substitute reference
- If you need to add a contact, go to My Organisation (top menu) > Manage Users (left menu)
- Tick ‘Show on web’ so that the inspector can access the inspection template
- Click ‘Save & Continue’ to add the vessel
- Enter additional vessel particulars on the next page
- These are optional, but if they are in the system when the inspector downloads the vessel template, it can free up time during the inspection from looking for those details
- If you don’t want to add these details now, simply click ‘Cancel’ or close your browser.